LF High Reach and Counter Balance Forklift
Courses we offer
- 3 Day Training
- 2 Day Training
- VOC - Verification of Competency (LF)
- Refresher for Licensed Drivers (LF)
3 Day Training & Licence Assessment (LF)
TLILIC0003 – 3 Day Forklift Training & Licence Course (LF)
This course is perfect for beginners, someone about to start a forklift driving career or for busy workplaces that can’t afford to have learner operator’s onsite. It is a full time training course that allows operators to sit for their forklift licence assessment on the final day. Contact us for details.
- Forklift Operation theory
- WHS Legislation and use of PPE Pre Operation and Site Risk Check Practical driving in the warehouse
- Use of attachments Refuelling and recharging
- Working in Pallet Racking
- Your training record & logbook
- Written licence test – – 58 Questions effective from the 7th September 2015
- Practical licence driving test
- Issuance of Statement of Attainment
- Government Licence Fee is $94.70 Valid for 5 years
Our training centre offers students fully air-conditioned training rooms, drink machine, refrigerator and microwave, milk, tea, coffee, sugar. Food can be purchased nearby the complex. Ample student parking is available onsite.
2 Day Training & Licence Assessment (LF) – must be employed
TLILIC0003 2 Day Theory Forklift Course + Assessment Day (LF)
This course is best suited to businesses or people who cannot afford to be away from the workplace for long periods of time. AIMM will provide a full day of formal training covering all aspects of the competency then return the student(s) to work to continue their studies and operate under the supervision of other licenced drivers.
Course content Includes
- Forklift operation theory
- WHS Legislation and use of PPE
- Pre and post operation checks
- Practical driving in the warehouse
- Completing your training record & logbook
- Written Licence test — 61 questions effective Sept 2020
- Practical Licence test
- Issuance of Statement of Attainment
- Government Licence fee is $94.70 – Valid for 5 years.
VOC – Verification of Competency (LF)
Under the 2011 National Workplace Health and Safety Legislation introduced on 1st January 2012 a new range of conditions are required. Employers must take reasonable and practical steps to ensure the competency of their staff for the work they perform and the operation of workplace plant and equipment. In summary this is verification of competencies (VOC).
To achieve this the employer must be able to demonstrate that steps have been taken by a qualified person who has training qualifications and relative industry skills to conduct a formal assessment. This may be a written test, a verbal knowledge test or practical driving test. Ideally the tests are aligned to the National Load shifting standards and are similar to the range of knowledge and operational skills required by a person to obtain a National Forklift Licence.
As some licence classes for plant and equipment are removed, the VOC process will cover the OHS compliance requirement. Ideally records of training and assessment should be kept on file so that an inspector could view them if required. Even equipment not requiring a licence should be assessed for operator competency. If you require any further formation or looking for a quote please contact out Administration team on 07 3375 6699.
Refresher for Licensed Drivers (LF)
Forklift refresher training should always be considered as an extremely useful tool to reduce the risk of accident, incident, and loss of property or damage to the environment at any workplace where forklifts are operated. Workplace Health and Safety Queensland recommend regular refresher training in their guide to employers to reduce the risk for forklift operations.
Medium to long term operations (12-18 months) without some form of refresher training can lead to the development of a culture within the workplace. Sometimes the culture is for poor or prohibited operational standards being accepted as the ‘norm’, THIS CAN BE HIGHLY DANGEROUS! for everyone at the site.
The 3 hour theory and practical session
- Laws, rules and regulations
- Hazard identification and reporting
- Accident and incident reporting
- Correct interpretation of data plate information
- Determining rated capacity
- Forklift stability
- Safe operational techniques
- Different types of loads
- Parking and security procedures
- Being a professional operator
- Conduct pre operation checks
- How to conduct an effective site
- Correct load shifting techniques