Stock Picker – LO
Courses we offer
- Stock Picker Licence Assessment
- Refresher for Licensed Drivers
- Verification of Competency
- 3 Day Training and Licence Assessment
Order Picker Licence Assessment (LO)
Under the current legislation Order Picker Licence Assessment can only be conducted after the student has completed formal training with AIMM Industrial Training and informal training either at work or with AIMM. AIMM Industrial Training offers students a full 90 days to complete their informal training.
Requirements for Order Picker Assessment only are:
- Applicants must have a current training plan from AIMM or another RTO
- Applicants must have a current up to date learner’s logbook
- Applicants must be over 18 years old
- Applicants must be able to show 100 points of ID
At the conclusion of a successful assessment you will be provided with an interim authority to operate an order picker, this is valid for 60 days in which time AIMM Industrial will issue your Statement of Attainment. You will need to lodge your assessment documentation with Worksafe Qld to allow the issuance of your five year photo ID licence.
General Information about the Order Picker Licence
Theory and Practical Assessments
Theory Assessment Facts:
- The written assessment is 50 Questions
- It is a closed book written assessment
- All answers require a written response in English
- The maximum allowable time is 2 hours
- A 95% pass mark is required for competency.
Practical Assessment Facts:
- The student must conduct a detailed pre operation check
- Identify hazards within the work area
- Plan work
- Shift a series of loads by racking or stacking to the National Load Shifting Standard
- Demonstrate good safe operations at all times
- Correct parking and shutdown procedure
AIMM Industrial Training also offers challenge testing to operators who meet the requirements as described by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland. If you would like to find out more about challenge testing and the RPL process please call AIMM for further information.
Getting your Order Picker Licence
If you need an order picker licence we offer training for new operators or experienced operators. The process involves being able to pass a written and practical test. If you successfully get your licence you will be able to drive a forklift legally anywhere in Australia.
Order Picker refresher training should always be considered as an extremely useful tool to reduce the risk of accident, incident, and loss of property or damage to the environment at any workplace where forklifts are operated. Workplace Health and Safety Queensland recommend regular refresher training in their guide to employers to reduce the risk for forklift operations.
Medium to long term operations (12-18 months) without some form of refresher training can lead to the development of a culture within the workplace. Sometimes the culture is for poor or prohibited operational standards being accepted as the ‘norm’, THIS CAN BE HIGHLY DANGEROUS for everyone at the site.
Theory and Practical Refresher
Max 5 students per session
The 3 hour theory and practical session covers:
Laws, rules and regulations
Hazard identification and reporting
Accident and incident reporting
- Correct interpretation of data plate information
Determining rated capacity
Safe operational techniques
Different types of loads
Parking and security procedures
Being a professional operator
Conduct pre operation checks
- How to conduct an effective site safety inspection
Correct load shifting techniques
Under the 2011 National Workplace Health and Safety Legislation introduced on 1st January 2012 a new range of conditions are required. Employers must take reasonable and practical steps to ensure the competency of their staff for the work they perform and the operation of workplace plant and equipment. In summary this is verification of competencies (VOC).
To achieve this the employer must be able to demonstrate that steps have been taken by a qualified person who has training qualifications and relative industry skills to conduct a formal assessment. This may be a written test, a verbal knowledge test or practical driving test. Ideally the tests are aligned to the National Load shifting standards and are similar to the range of knowledge and operational skills required by a person to obtain a National Order Picker Licence.
TLILIC0004 – 3 Day Order Picker Training & Assessment Course (LO)
This course is suited to all persons who need to learn how to drive safely and obtain a licence by the end of the course. This course is perfect for the beginner, or those just starting your career and your employer wants to fast track your licence.
- Welcome to AIMM Forklift Operation
- Theory WHS Legislation
- Compliance and Site Safety
- Use of PPE Pre and Post Operation Checks
- Training DVDs Practical Forklift
- Driving in the warehouse (3 forklifts to choose)
- Working in Pallet Racking System
- Completing training Logbook Record
- Practical Licence Test
- Written Licence test – – 50 Questions 95% required
Student facilities: Air-conditioned and carpeted training rooms, cold water fountain, refrigerator, cups, milk, tea, coffee, sugar. Food can be purchased locally. Ample student parking is available within the complex.
** If you have completed a course with us and a reassessment is required there is a fee payable of $150.00.